Benefits of Membership
- Learn about public health topics during regular webinars
- Understand advocacy and gain skills for communicating with policymakers
- Receive technical assistance and help with challenges your board faces
- Obtain guidance and training on your role as a board of health member
- Keep up-to-date on current issues with the quarterly Health Board Bulletin
Indiana Board of Health
It is very important to the communication of the Indiana Association of Local Boards of Health to have up-to-date, accurate contact information (emails, addresses and phone numbers) for all board of health members in Indiana. This allows the Association to send information on current topics and upcoming trainings to board members in a timely fashion. Please take a minute to review the information sharing policy and fill out the board of health information sheet and send it to InALBOH.
National Association of Local Boards of Health
The mission of the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH) is to strengthen and improve public health governance.
The Vision of NALBOH states boards of health are:
- Appointed as a result of a well-informed selection process.
- Comprised of individuals who have demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively represent and serve.
- Well-connected to other stakeholders in public health and government.
- Effectively and competently serving the public health needs of their community in accordance with the core functions and essential public health services.
- Aware of NALBOH’s resources and actively engaged in its success.
NALBOH has been engaged in establishing a significant voice for local boards of health on matters of national public health policy. For more information or to join, visit www.nalboh.org.
Letter from the President
“This is legislation that we all can get behind and is evidence-based to have a great impact on the smoking rate which currently keeps us at 42nd in the nation and costs Hoosiers billions in healthcare and in lives lost.”
The mission of the Indiana Association of Local Boards of Health is to strengthen local boards of health through education, training, networking, advocacy and technical assistance, thus enabling them to effectively support the core functions and the ten essential services of public health that promote and protect the health of their communities.
years in IN health advocacy
- Boone County Health Board
- Portia Edens
- Elkhart County Health Dept
- Fountain & Warren County Health Dept
- Health & Hospital Board of Trustees of Marion County
- Hendricks County Health Dept
- Henry County Board of Health
- James Hollis
- Indiana Association of Local Boards of Health
- Adam Kilbride
- LaGrange County Health Dept